ARE YOU READY?
Download the following 2 forms to be sure!
1. Checklist of items that must be completed for all degree programs submitting dissertations, theses, and projects for binding and uploading into the ProQuest "Dissertations and Theses" database. Checklist is divided into 3 sections of responsibility: one for students, one for faculty, and one for the library.
2. Permission form to be turned in with flash drive at the upload session.
- CHECKLIST FOR SUBMITTING THESES & PROJECTS FOR BINDING (Divinity; English; Religion & Philosophy)
- CHECKLIST FOR SUBMITTING DISSERTATIONS FOR BINDING (School of Education)
- CHECKLIST FOR SUBMITTING THESES, DISSERTATIONS, & PROJECTS (School of Nursing)
- PERMISSION FOR ELECTRONIC DISSERTATION OR THESIS ACCESS
Congratulations on Your Scholarly Research Accomplishment!
Congratulations on arriving at this milestone in your academic career!
Your school or department will guide you with the specific style format (APA, MLA, Turabian/ Chicago Manual of Style, etc.) that they want you to use for your dissertation, thesis, or project. You are responsible to see that your paper is in its final, approved format and is converted into a PDF file before you arrive for your appointment at the library to submit it into the ProQuest/UMI ETD Administrator, the portal through which it begins its publishing journey into being published as part of the Dissertations and Theses database.
Also, you may want to review the recommended guidelines for preparing your document at ProQuest which are found in "Preparing Your Manuscript for Submission". This will help insure you correctly embed your fonts in your abstract if you want to italicize, bold, or use anything other than their standard print. It will also assist you if you have any supplemental files which need to be uploaded as part of your dissertation, thesis, or project. As you read this document, remember that local guidelines take precedence, such as over the left margin guideline where Gardner-Webb requires a 1½-inch left margin since we send physical copies to a binder for printing.
Click on the tab above for your school or department to see when you need to make your appointment with me to upload into the ProQuest/UMI ETD Administrator this semester.
DISSERTATIONS & THESES: THE HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
If the subject matter of your dissertation or thesis falls into the humanities or social sciences, it will be placed in the part of the ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT) to which the Gardner-Webb Library has access, ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences. You will be able to find it, along with thousands of scholarly research documents from other universities' doctorate and masters students, at this link.
DISSERTATIONS & THESES @ GARDNER-WEBB
To see what scholarly research has been submitted by Gardner-Webb students into ProQuest Theses and Dissertations (PQDT) since 2009, you can go into the database called Dissertations & Theses @ Gardner-Webb. This database includes all doctorate and master's level research by Gardner-Webb students since the University has been uploading into PQTD, from 2009 to the present.